Question Nitrox Needed for Dive Profiles for Local Ambergris Caye Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob9876

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are the dive profiles for the Local dives around Ambergris Caye such that nitrox is really needed (that is, fairly square and deep)? What are the dive profiles like for those local dives (**Not** Blue Hole, Turneffe, etc.).

>>Please note: I'm not one of those "may as well dive Nitrox every dive" guys, so no need for answers like that.

Most of my dives there were around 60', though the reef starts shallower and goes deeper. I didn't have a Nitrox cert yet, and it wasn't an issue. The reef slopes gently with cuts and canyons in it, so it really could depend on the routes you take. That said, more folks were diving air than Nitrox, so I'd say it's not a must have for your "average" local dive.

Nitrox isn’t “needed” on any of the dives in that area but i dive it as much as possible anyway. I feel a lot better at the end of a long day of diving when I dive Nitrox so I prefer it over air when it is available and fits the dive profile.

Nitrox isn’t “needed” on any of the dives in that area but i dive it as much as possible anyway. I feel a lot better at the end of a long day of diving when I dive Nitrox so I prefer it over air when it is available and fits the dive profile.
That's cool, I wish it had that effect on me, but I don't notice any difference. So for me I only "need" Nitrox when the dive profiles are deep most of the dive, where on air I might be likely to hit the NDL before I would otherwise need to end the dive because of low air/gas.

Are the dive profiles for the Local dives around Ambergris Caye such that nitrox is really needed (that is, fairly square and deep)? What are the dive profiles like for those local dives (**Not** Blue Hole, Turneffe, etc.).

>>Please note: I'm not one of those "may as well dive Nitrox every dive" guys, so no need for answers like that.
went there 5-6 times never seen anyone using nitrox.

Back
Top Bottom