Nitrox in Cancun and Coz ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBRES1

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My family and I are going to Mexico for our spring break and wanted to know if any shops offer diving with nitrox.
Thanks, Jim Breslin

Most shops in Coz can offer Nitrox, all they need is one day advance notice so they can order it for you as the marina does all the fills for the shops. Dont know about Cancun.

JBRES1:
My family and I are going to Mexico for our spring break and wanted to know if any shops offer diving with nitrox.
Thanks, Jim Breslin
I worked at Scuba Club Cozumel for three years from 2000-2003. You can't go wrong diving there www.scubaclubcozumel.com, they have nitrox and 7 beautiful boats, plus a full service dive dedicated hotel.

If you are looking for a smaller company, try ScubaTony. Tony is great. He is my cave diving partner. He has a six pac boat perfect for a family adventure custom tailored to your needs. He can help you with luxury to back packer style accomodations. He's nitrox ready, and you can plan your own trips with him and avoid the herds.

Wish I was going with you!

All dive ops can get nitrox. Advance notice is needed since the only place on the island that fills nitrox bottles is at the caleta (commercial marina). Usually 1 day is enough notice, if done in the morning. Fills are done as needed.

Cap'n Ed

Hi Spratman,

The Mayan Aqua Divers website has been down for some while now.

The posted Scuba Cancun link doesn't work--try http://www.scubacancun.com.mx/.

Last I knew, neither shop offered nitrox for non-training purposes.

Happy holidays.

DocVikingo

JBRES1:
Thanks, Jim Breslin
I have gotten Nitrox blends in Cozumel from both Blue Angel and Underwater Adventures. I would suggest bringing along your own O2 analyzer if possible, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks, Doc! Yeah, Ben told me the site was up. He has been having numerous problems getting the locals to finish his site. He is open for business, though. He can get nitrox if you want it, through another shop. He can be reached via email at benrmooney@yahoo.co.uk.

The link works for Scuba Cancun I just tested it. Don't know why it didn't work before.

They have a strange notion down there that nitrox is only for deep diving....:D

Happy Holidays to you as well.

Spratman

DocVikingo:
Hi Spratman,

The Mayan Aqua Divers website has been down for some while now.

The posted Scuba Cancun link doesn't work--try http://www.scubacancun.com.mx/.

Last I knew, neither shop offered nitrox for non-training purposes.

Happy holidays.

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom