Nitrox Common Mixes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree that the risks are not that great. I was just serving that up as a different way to look at the EAN vs air vs standardized mix vs best mix discussion. Often times we see things from our own perspective but overlook some of the assumed risks we accept that go along with it. I could also make up a list of pros for using standardized mixes at recreational depths vs best mix in groups.

I also agree about the debates. The one upside is that often, when people present the rationale behind their choices, I learn something new. I have the annoying habit though of often being able to see the validity of other peoples POV's. Makes it hard to feel like I'm smarter than the rest of the class :(

You don't even need O2-cleaned gear for rec nitrox unless your tank get in contact with >40% o2, which you wont unless the nitrox is blended directly into your tank..

I agree you won't if you are using banked 32% but not if you are PP blending, no matter the %. I've not seen banked 40% in any shop I've been in.

The most valuable thing I got out of my nitrox course was the experience of viewing breathing gas as a mixture of different elements with various properties that effect the body in different ways; and the understanding that one can alter the effects of those properties by adjusting the proportions of those elements. Up until then I just thought of air as air.

Membrane filtering works as well as banked and is more flexible for mixes :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom