Nitrox at Raja Ampat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been to Raja 2X and nitrox is definitely beneficial for the dive profiles. It is not unusual to dive it there. Did you book direct or through an agency? I would ask what it is they need to prepare so far in advance and convey my concerns.
Yep I have done exactly that. Haven't had any reply yet. I booked through liveaboard.com which seems to have a good reputation as liveaboard brokers.

This link might be of interest to the OP if there are any reservations...These were one of the first hits on Google and I didn't dig any further. Do read the response about grounding reef that someone shared and echoed about inexperience of the crew in general. There was one favorable review in the end.

It sounds like they depend a lot on freelance crew and that has led itself to problems with dive logistics, familiarity with the dive sites, operation of the boat, etc., which has had some safety implications.

It is very surprising for a liveaboard that charges so much. They are in the upper tier of pricing.

Bad experience with Tiare Cruise (Raja Ampat, Indonesia) - Indonesia Forum - TripAdvisor
Tiare liveaboard aground at Banda Sea - Indonesia Forum - TripAdvisor
Wow! Thank you so much for this! I based my choice on the overall score the Tiare had on various sites and trusted liveaboard. com, I am seriously going to look at alternatives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom