Nitrox at Komodo land-based?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

komodo resort fits the bill but the price is high enough you might as well consider a liveaboard like the blue manta and be able to hit the southern sites and padar. land based from LBJ is cheaper, but you end up with boat rides like palau to the dive site.

there are also budget phinisi liveaboards like wunderpus and la unua that are an option if you want to keep costs lower and can live without the nitrox.

Nitrox is a must, thanks

@Luko is building the suspense.
Not even.
Apart from Komodo Resort, I don't see anywhere that fits your requirements.
Nitrox is not that developped around LBJ.
Not a place for foodies either.

I'm not a foodie but don't much care for Indo food. Looking more for things I can eat whether particularly tasty or not. Haha

Eggs

Meat that's not too spicy. No curry

That was not my experience at all. I have only been diving with them once but we had the boat to ourselves and a great local divemaster.
Lucky you!
I paid each day for being privately guided first by a canadian guy who had been there for 2 months then by their "best" redhead instructor named Doug, he didn't even know a single name of a nudi while he had beer breath starting from 8AM. They only had one local guide as the manager told me, even though i booked him months before, he was "busy elsewhere". when I came in... example of customer management at Blue Marlin.
Thierr speedbat was crowded with young packers who either wanted to dive the same site or just for the mantas. Whenever i came across their boat with other operators it was full.
In the meantime (3 years ago) management changed at least twice (the last one , poor guy was jailed for planting pot in his backyard), so may be they learnt.

I'm not a foodie but don't much care for Indo food. Looking more for things I can eat whether particularly tasty or not. Haha

Eggs

Meat that's not too spicy. No curry
Pasta at Komodo resort.
They're italian, don't expect much spices.

Pasta at Komodo resort.
They're italian, don't expect much spices.

Pasta, grrrr
Not ideal. Edible but I prefer protein

I stayed at Komodo Resort about three years ago. It was excellent. They have a membrane system for making nitrox. You can snorkel a reef directly in front of your room. Rooms are chalet style, each is separate and has a big balcony/terrace so you can easily dry kit or sit in the sun.

Hello,

We are a new dive centre in Labuan Bajo. We offer daily trips and nitrox if this is what you want. Check out our website www.azulunlimited.com and get to know a little bit more about us. I disagree about eating out in Labuan Bajo. There are nice restaurants around, being Happy Banana the best choice for healthy protein meals.

We wish you the best in your search.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom