Nitescuba Pixel5 diving video light 5000lumen with Red and UV&Snoot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minos2014

Contributor
Reaction score
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXCAAAAJDE2ZGExM2YyLTU1M2YtNGRiNy05MWE4LWI0OGNkYTI5NzkyZQ.jpg

As a diving amateur and underwater photography Enthusiast,Is very important to get a good diving video light for your photography and videography.
Last time I was traveling to the Derawan Indonesia.And also take an assignment for test the Nitescuba Pixel 5

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAWWAAAAJGU5YTkwZDU3LTE0NjEtNDkyMy05NGRhLWVmNzBmZGU1NTZkNA.jpg

Before I get the Nitescuba Pixel 5. I have two dive video lights already. and both are around 2000lumen,
The lumen of Nitescuba Pixel 5 is much higher that makes me very excited . The one has 5 settings .
ARE:5000Lumen wide light(4 setting);
1000lumen Spot light(3 setting);
150lumen Red light(3 setting);
12w UV light(2 setting),SOS and Strobe.
I have use this one for fill Light, and also for focus assist light .

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAbfAAAAJGM1OWY1NDZkLTE0ZDItNGViYy1hMzY1LTA2YTIwMGZhMjIwMQ.jpg

For fill light

(The left one is 2400lumen old dive light, The right one is Nitescuba Pixel 5)
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVvAAAAJGVhNDA0NjY1LTkyMGEtNGQ5ZS1hYjMyLTM3ZGZiZjYxNjEwMg.jpg

For focus assist light

The first impression when I get this one is very in light weight.And makes me stunned that a 5000lumen light with a ball mount connecter can be just
290g on land , This is really a good favor for scuba diving.Even with battery . The weight on land is 460g and 220g underwater.Compare with my present
old light. The wight is just the same as one of my 2400lumen diving light.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAOnAAAAJDFhNTFiNzI0LWUxM2UtNGIwYy05NDM1LTU1Y2NjODFiNWE3Yg.jpg

Three dive lights I have and the technical data.

The other big advantage of this light is the charging speed.Most of my old dive light in 2000 lumen were using 32650 lithium battery. When the
battery is died, I have to spend at least one night for charging it .So in order to save time for the charging. I normally will have 2 or 3 batteries for
back up.The Nitescuba Pixel 5 use 4pcs of 18650 battery(NCR18650B Panasonic), with a charging adapter, Only take 2 hours for charging from empty
to full power.That means you can charge you battery when get a break between two dives.Never be annoyed by run out of battery any more.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAATQAAAAJDZhODdiMWVkLTFlOGItNDk3OC1iNzgzLTkzYTA1NTZkYTliYw.jpg

The battery and Charger

Normally I just use the lowest wide light setting. Only when I need to take video ,I will use the highest setting of wide light.The edge of the lighting
is very soft.The spot light can helpful for the micro photography,Such as transparent creature,use the spot light can help me get the outline of the
creature,even without the flash. For the red light,I use it for morning dive and night dive. Most of the creature are scared of the white light, Use the
red light can make them relax. Last time when I record the process of Jawfish spit egg,and I use the red light,But the Jawfish just hesitate at the small
cave,and fear to come out.but when I change to the UV light.the lowest setting of the UV light,The color temperature close to moon light,and finally get
the jawfish move his head out of the cave.making the filming process easier.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAbKAAAAJDdiMDQ2YjI2LTY0YjItNGUyOC05MmY4LTZlNDE4NzgwNGM4NQ.jpg

Use the spot light setting filming the shrimp

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPdAAAAJDlkZGJlMTg0LTI0MDItNGFkNC04MGM0LTczN2Y2ZGMwZDVkOQ.jpg

Use the UV light setting for filming the Jawfish

After I back from the Derawan,Nitescuba has launch a new snoot for Pixel 5, And send it to me.I am going to use it on next trip in Anilao. and hope
I can give you further feedbacks .

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAWzAAAAJGFmYjIyYTE3LTNiNmMtNDc2Yi1hMTRiLTA2ZDNiYzgyN2ViNQ.jpg
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPlAAAAJDEyYTFjMmZlLTUwZWQtNGFhZi05MzU1LTJhN2Y3YTQ1YTMyMQ.jpg

Thank you for your reading.

Nitescuba Pixel 5 test video on youtube

Nitescuba Pixel 5 On website

Nitescuba Pixel 5 Snoot

And also can email us at sales@nitescuba.com

Cheers/Minos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom