Nitek Duo Docking Station & Vista 32-bit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've tried the new software Dive Log and I keep getting an error message "component not correctly registered." I am running a Vista 64 system.

Hi,

After launching the NiTek Trio, we became aware of an issue with Dive Log software. Much to our frustration, we have discovered that it works only intermittently on Vista 64 bit operating systems.

Seiko said the reason is because the software needs a Microsoft certification which is a fairly expensive investment for Seiko/Epson's and they are trying to negotiate with Microsoft and avoid passing along the cost to their customers.

Dive Log also needs some other qualifications from Microsoft which also require some investment. It's a combination of the certification, modifying the driver, installer & application.

As always we are pushing them to improve this process and hopefully make this investment soon in order to avoid mutiny.

Kathleen

Any update on this process? I was aiming at a Nitek Trio but if it's incompatible to a 64-bit OS - that kills my plan :(

Hi All,

No updates. Seiko is still in negotiation with Microsoft over protocols. It is very frustrating and I am sorry for all of you who are waiting for resolution.

Kathleen

I might have a solution for all those of you having trouble with Operating Systems etc.

Microsoft has release a free version of Virtual PC. Try to install a virtual Windows XP computer on your installation of Vista or Windows 7 and then give it a shot.

I dont own a Nitek or anything else. I am in the process of buying a diving computer and came across a good deal for Nitek and was wondering if its a good computer for a first computer or not.

I think the price was about 200 USD without the docking station.(Is that using infrared?)

Opinions?

Thanks yall and hope it works out.

Yay Sharktoothpick! You're awesome. You saved me hours of anguish. I just upgraded to Windows 7 and your instructions for driver installation on Vista 32 bit worked with Windows 7. DiveRite has been a huge disappointment in terms of customer support. First you spend $500 on their computer (which I love by the way), then another $140 for the docking station and clunky stone age software, and they provide zero support. Oh well, thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom