Ningaloo - whale sharks in July!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Now that we're up and running again...

The whale sharks have been rocking so far in July with more sharks sighted than we could swim with and the manta rays are very entertaining, too. There's a tremendous amount of food in the water so lots of sparklies in lots of frames, but that's OK - I got some that are reasonable and it's a good excuse to go back out and try again!

Enjoy...

wshead1c.jpg

wstail1.jpg

Thanks, Jam!

A couple others from the same weekend:
ws34ths1.jpg

mantaspair1.jpg

The sharks have continued to be great, though I haven't been able to get out again so far :( The other day our sharkers were treated to a very cool ocean spectacle - a pod of orcas hunted a baby humpback. We stayed with them for hours just watching. Fascinating and made me so jealous that I wasn't out there! I have seen the video and one of my skippers had his dslr with a long lens (just back from the shop - what timing!) so he has some great photos...shame he doesn't get online!

Beautiful pictures, Kristin. Love the shark with the sun rays and the surface reflection.

OMG Kristin. I am so jealous. I love to be underwater for almost any reason, but Southern Ontarion definitely has nothing like what you see. Great pics. I would love to see more.

Awsone shots as usual.

Could you please tell me what is your set up that these shots were taken with?

Thanks

Oh My.. Foreget another Holbox trip.. I'm going to Austrailia! Those are great shots! The water is so much better than the water in the gulf where they feed. I couldn't see from the head to the tail; only about 1/2 way. And the water in the gulf was greenish brown.

Wow, didn't expect to see this ressurected this morning! Thanks for the kind words!

April through July - c'mon down (I personally think the best time is very end of May to the first week of July most years)! Love to show you what we got :D

NitroxCrazy:
Could you please tell me what is your set up that these shots were taken with?
Thanks

Canon 20D, Sigma 17-70mm macro, Subal housing, big dome port, ISO 100, Shutter Priority 1/100, apertures set by camera & range from around f5.6 to f9; strobes are not allowed with the whale sharks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom