Ningaloo - WA stuffs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last week I took the Sigma 17-70 out as we were visiting some sites that offer excellent WA but also tremendous macro. Unfortunately, my zoom ring slipped off so I was stuck at 17mm the whole time! LOL It was a good thing as it forced me to stop nudi hunting long enough to "see" things differently than I usually do...

Coral cod hunting in the massive baitfish schools
hunting1.jpg

Checking out the targets
hunting2.jpg

My buddy Mary checking out a sea fan, backed by bait
maryfan1.jpg

And then on the back of the same bommie there wasn't a baitfish to be seen
maryfan2.jpg

Oooh, very cool, especially the first one. What kind of fish is the big one?

Some sweet shots! I think sometimes people forget what great shots you can get shooting WA and focus so much on macro. Nothing wrong with macro, I love shooting macro too, but WA to me is much more of a challenge and more satisfying when I get a great shot. Well done Alcina!

Awesome!
I love my sigma 17-70 too BTW :D

Beautiful alcina. WA is sooooo difficult and you do it sooooo well. ++Ken++

Warren_L:
Some sweet shots! I think sometimes people forget what great shots you can get shooting WA and focus so much on macro. Nothing wrong with macro, I love shooting macro too, but WA to me is much more of a challenge and more satisfying when I get a great shot. Well done Alcina!

Ditto, I'm more of a WA fan than macro. But oh so more frustrating :D framing, metering the blue water, lighting, getting a model to behave! etc... :D

Great shots Alcina!

Good stuff. The second is my favorite.

Simply beautiful, Alcina! I just love those colors. Keep them coming. :D

Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom