Ningaloo Sunday...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome pics! Love the shot of the Porcupinefish peeking out of the sponge.

Wow , great pictures ! By the way being a struggling u/w photographer , i wish to ask how do you " see" those really tiny critters ? like those gobies and stuff on saqy much bigger nanimals like the sea cucmber of sea fans ?

temana:
Wow , great pictures ! By the way being a struggling u/w photographer , i wish to ask how do you " see" those really tiny critters ? like those gobies and stuff on saqy much bigger nanimals like the sea cucmber of sea fans ?

Temana - that's easy! SLOW DOWN. However fast you are going, it's too fast. Way too fast. Here's a story:

This past weekend some friends and I were out diving. She called me over and showed me a pair of nudibranchs. I gave her the OK. She shook her head and held up three fingers...then pointed to the pair, a different species of nudi and a hermit crab tucked in behind some stuff. All in the space the size of you monitor. Cool. I settled in to watch and take some photos. I hung there for several minutes. She has already been there for several minutes. As I was getting ready to leave I took a second to look over the rest of that monitor-sized area...lo and behold, there was yet another species of nudibranch not 3 inches away! So, the moral is...slow down. More...no, you're still going too fast!

The other thing that really helps is to take the time to watch the creatures, learn their habitats and habits and what...slow down. By taking the time over one bit you can see so much more than swimming around the whole site :)

Back
Top Bottom