Ningaloo Sunday...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just got back from another fabulous dive at SS#2. So much life there. Today offered us a whole new range of critters from last Sunday along with many repeaters - can't get enough! We did have more current today and many more floaties so things were a tad more challenging in the photo department, but I came home with some I like.

You'll have to keep checking back as I'm trying to sneak in a little editing while doing 10 other things...

This great ?crab...shrimp? was in a hole at the end of the dive and the current was humming. I'm really peeved now as there is a small shrimp in there with him and maybe a tiny nudibranch, too!

holeguy3.jpg

There were a bunch of these teeny fish on various things. This blue and black background is, I think, some sort of flatworm. It moved, but had its front under a bit of stuff and I couldn't get a great shot for ID.
fishbluedots2.jpg

Ooooooooooh :11::11::11:.
That first crab looks like something out of a muppet's cartoon :).
Really funky looking.

I think this is a great macro, amazed that you see a little nudibranch there??

Love the second shot, looks like the fish is in a disco :).

And on another note, i've got google earth up and am determined to find your secret dive spot!

This little porcupine fish was tucked into a barrel sponge. He was very unhappy at being disturbed; after this shot he swam out of the barrel to hide behind another sponge. I tried to come around slowly but when I was about 7 feet away he puffed himself up a bit (not fully round like I've seen in some photos) so all his spines were out! I've never seen that before but know what it means! I backed away, turned sideways and swam off a little ways. He deflated, laid his spines down and tucked in. Neat behaviour.

porcupinebarrel.jpg

Oh man, the colors and textures in that second one are amazing! And I love puffers! That poor nudi looks a bit windblown. :)

Beautiful shots as always!

Woah, love the last set of pics that you've shared with us Alcina...

The puffer fish story, reminds me of the stalking that you sometimes have to do to get that one great shot of a wary fish :D.

The puffer is thinking..... "Is she gone yet?!"

Wow! What more can I say? Great shots, Alcina! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration! :D

Ed.

Back
Top Bottom