Ningaloo - 7 May (a bit late!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Enjoy...
bannertrioH.jpg

Thanks, Guys! I was quite happy with this one.

How did I get it?
Patience & preparation again :wink:

#1 - excellent dive skills. These guys HATE movement so I just get into position and float like one of the crowd. Minimal movements to adjust settings and framing etc.
#2 - shoot many frames...I have several where they aren't in exactly the right space to see each of the three and/or the lighting isn't right to bring out the eye detail
#3 - watch and recognize the behaviour. Mostly these guys are slightly less skittish in a group than as individuals. I watched this trio from a distance for a few minutes before I tried to approach them. Then it was a matter of hovering until we came close to each other!

Doesn't always come together, but I've found those three things really help with fishes - especially dealing with the limitations of the 5050!

alcina:
...especially dealing with the limitations of the 5050!
I'm the limiting factor on my 5050 :D. Nice pic!

what a wonderful image - great to come back after not checking the site for a few days and see something like this. I really think I need to get a job in the diving industry. With so much less time to dive I am getting withdrawal - guess thats means organising more trips with the extra cash.

Great Picture, makes me wish I had a Camera. I just go the cheap way and go to Wally world. Never get pictures even close to this one.

Yes yes yes. They are really cool!!!
Nice pic.

Excellent picture! But I think I see a little reflection, I think you took the picture from a tiny aquarium so the trio had to stay together! :D

Back
Top Bottom