Ningaloo 19 August, 2006 - more photos...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Finally I got back in the water for the first time after my holidays! And it was tremendous - I love diving at home :D :D

On the way out to the sites we almost got rammed by a big humpback whale - brought me out of my meditative riding in the boat watching the scenery zone pretty durned quick! Then we saw a manta ray and a pod of dolphins guided us to the first site. Not a bad way to start.

Then I had a few, eeerrrmmmm, equipment problems, but with a zip tie and some duct tape we were off and running!

I just can't tell you how awesome these dives were...but I might steal an idea or two and just keep putting some images and a bit more of the story up in this thread :wink:

Here's a little anemonefish to start things off - I know he's not everyone's cup of tea and I probably like him more coz I was there but anywho...

clowncoy1c.jpg

Magnificent clownfish image alcina. The eyes are perfect.

On the second dive I was trying to drop down in a crevice between two bits of coral. There's maybe 4 feet and I was being careful, looking at my camera, one eye out for nudis - when this thing swam frenetically up past my face - it's tail almost slapping me! Turns out it was a tiny wobbegong shark - about 3 feet. Too cute.

He settled on a bit of coral in a very uncomfortable position and was wiggling all around. I came around his front to try to get some nice shots, but he was head in under another ledge, so I just watched after taking a couple of pathetic frames. He wasn't moving so I went back to my crevice and dropped down again. I looked up to check on him - didn't want him dropping on my head, really - and I saw his dorsal fins against the blue background so tried for a shot. It's not perfect, but it is keeping with my "something other" series and it's something I will definitely try again should another shark be so obliging - this one sat for three frames only!

wobab1.jpg

alcina:

On the second dive I was trying to drop down in a crevice between two bits of coral. There's maybe 4 feet and I was being careful, looking at my camera, one eye out for nudis - when this thing swam frenetically up past my face - it's tail almost slapping me! Turns out it was a tiny wobbegong shark - about 3 feet. Too cute.

He settled on a bit of coral in a very uncomfortable position and was wiggling all around. I came around his front to try to get some nice shots, but he was head in under another ledge, so I just watched after taking a couple of pathetic frames. He wasn't moving so I went back to my crevice and dropped down again. I looked up to check on him - didn't want him dropping on my head, really - and I saw his dorsal fins against the blue background so tried for a shot. It's not perfect, but it is keeping with my "something other" series and it's something I will definitely try again should another shark be so obliging - this one sat for three frames only!

wobab1.jpg

:11::11::11::11:

Just obscene :D...

And of course there were lots and lots of nudibranchs around on both dive sites.

This Nembrotha kubaryana was huge! I wasn't going to take any shots of him the first time I saw him, but as I passed by a second time he had his little head up in the air doing some cute poses so I thought "why not, can never have too many nudibranch shots!"

Here's a quick one:
nk1.jpg

alcina:
And of course there were lots and lots of nudibranchs around on both dive sites.

This Nembrotha kubaryana was huge! I wasn't going to take any shots of him the first time I saw him, but as I passed by a second time he had his little head up in the air doing some cute poses so I thought "why not, can never have too many nudibranch shots!"

Here's a quick one:

nk1.jpg

Wow!!!:11:

The octopus were everywhere again yesterday and several pairs were mating. I had the 60mm on and decided to leave them alone to get on with things instead of crowding them.

I did take a couple of frames of this guy as he kept popping up next to me when I was trying to do somthing else. It's just a fun shot...

occyblah.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom