Ningaloo 16 Sept

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Took the Sigma 17-70 out again on Saturday. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling the best with a cold. I took about 9 minutes to get to 13m and we only did a single dive as we were all feeling punk when we got back to the boat. Turned out to be a good call as I went downhill rapidly once we got home!

An exercise in getting close - 17mm, fish extremely close to the big dome:
sweet17a.jpg

I was going to run the lens through some "tests" at 70mm but wasn't feeling too crash so only took a few frames:
70mm porcelain crab
crab70.jpg

Same crab next frame, 70mm, heavy crop
crab100.jpg

Happy I ordered it :D

From Sigma's site

This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 7.9" (20cm) throughout the entire zoom range. Maximum magnification of 1:2.3 enables close-up photography like a macro lens.

I was pretty happy with the crop thing - I think it's a useful lens for me, at least.

alcina:
Took the Sigma 17-70 out again on Saturday. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling the best with a cold. I took about 9 minutes to get to 13m and we only did a single dive as we were all feeling punk when we got back to the boat. Turned out to be a good call as I went downhill rapidly once we got home!

An exercise in getting close - 17mm, fish extremely close to the big dome:
sweet17a.jpg

:D

This is really taking it down to their level...I like it very much. That crab pic is also nice, Alcina.

wow I'm surprised how well that lens looks at 70mm.. Might consider it as a replacement for my 18-50mm sigma as that close focus really helps at the long end. Would make a nice lens for those dives where you don't want to restrict yourself to supermacro or superwide angle... :)

Awesome! Excellent! Gorgeous! Fantastic! Great! I'm out of words, Kris! I Love All 3 Of Them! Thanks for the inspiration and sharing!
Get Well Soon! :wink:

I'm still in Bali, will be heading back 2morrow! Will share some of mine, when I get back. :)

Ed.

how long were you laying on the bottom before those fish started swimming at you? That one looking at you looks like it is coming straight up to your camera to check you out.

nice shots, especially for being sick. thats no fun though :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom