nikon Z7 housing recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krakendiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i have a nice nikon z7 and want to take it under water with me, what housing do you recommend, what lighting? basically a starter set up is what im after

which lens do you recommend too.

thanks all

Sean

I would look on ebay or somewhere and try to find a Nikon AF-S Fisheye NIKKOR 8-15mm. use the FTZ adapter. Ive not used anything but Nauticam housings. I'm assuming mostly for stills with that camera?

You'll need the following if you go that route...

NA-Z7 - Nauticam Nikon Z7 Underwater Housing
N815-Z Zoom Gear ~for Nikon AF-S Fisheye NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED
N120 Extension Ring 20 ~with Lock
N120 140mm Optical-Glass Fisheye Dome Port ~with Removable Shade
Strobes you would want a pair of the best you can afford. Probably could find some used Inon 330's.

For video, you would want to change this setup. But this is probably the best for Wide Angle Stills with the Z7 unless you go to Water Contact optics or a Huge Dome and a Z lens.

I was going to actually sell this housing and list it in a few days if you're interested.

You could also look at cheaper options and try to find say an Ikelite housing and appropriate ports. Youll see it all adds up quickly on the wallet..

Strobes Id go with the above.

Hope that helps you...

im interested in the housing, whats the price. can you send me a pic

thanks

Here are some photos. I wasnt planning on posting it until the weekend if I get time or next week. So Its not spotless, haha.

Slight wear but nothing major for a housing about 4 years old. There was a rinse tank incdent where the lcd window got a scratch, never bothered me other then the initial shock of it happening. June 2022 I had Reef Photo do a Overhaul and Rebuild on it just for Maint reasons. Never has leaked...

Attachments

• IMG_0539.jpeg
    IMG_0539.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0538.jpeg
    IMG_0538.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 33
everything works perfectly... comes with bag and pump...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom