Nikon D90 housings Ikelite domes, arm length etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

personally I am not satisfied with the port system with my Ikelite D90 housing. Two little plastics clips to hold on large 8 inch domes. Reason why I bought the Ikelite as I had the ports and domes from using an Ikelite D80 housing.

If your starting out I maybe look at something like the Aquatica for example.

Regards Mark

I have the Ikelite D90 housing. I have taken it on 20 dives so far with no problem. However, I have been pretty nervous about having only two little clips holding the port on the housing. It's been OK so far. But I don't like it. I was looking at Ikelite's web site last night and they are now putting four clips on the housing. If you bought your housing on or after 1 October, there is a free upgrade to the new system. If you bought it prior to 1 October, the upgrade will cost you $150. Here is the link to the page - Design Changes to Ikelite DSLR Port System . I bought mine just prior to 1 October and I'm pretty bummed that I will have to pay $150 if I decide to get the upgrade.

I had the opportunity to hold and play with the Nauticam D90 housing this weekend at DEMA. It is an ABSOLUTE beauty!! They have made a housing with the most comfortable handles, a fantastic optional viewfinder with adjustable diopter, ergonomics of the controls are the BEST I have seen yet! It is an outstanding housing and one that I wish would have been out months ago.

Currently, they also have a D300s and Canon 7d housing in development which should be out by the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom