Nikon D300 or D7000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great info

Another 2 cents... I agree with others that have said it is likely not worth updating at this time. The D7000 has been out awhile and like the D300 is due to be updated. Not enough difference to warrant the expense at this point with updates likely coming for both within the next year. I have been shooting D90s for the past few years and just jumped on a D600. Like others who reason that it is best to stick with DX if you have the glass, I reasoned that FX was for me as I still have glass from my F100 days. It made sense (at least I made sense of it) for me to make the switch. Still like my Nikon 16 and 20 compared with the Tokina 10-17. Likely going to sell both D90 bodies and my DX lenses in favor of housing the D600. Won't afford a backup body, but the range of small, high-quality pocket camera will have to suffice for top-side shooting while the D600 is in the housing. If I didn't already have the lenses, I likely would not have made the switch and waited for the D400 or replacement for the D7000. BTW, did not buy the D300 when it came out because it felt like a brick in my hands compared with my F100. The D600 takes me back to that feel - a bit thicker, but still melts into my hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom