Nikon D-70 and Ike DS-125 sync problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've been having some problems with my strobes syncing properly as well. My setup is a Nikon D70, Ike iTTL housing, dual Ike DS-125 strobes. I am using the proper dual sync cord (the one with the blue and red bands).

On a dive yesterday, the strobe was intermittently syncing properly and then not. Here are four consecutive shots I took (without changing any settings on the camera or the strobe, only touching the shutter release lever to take the shots, and enough time in-between shots for the strobes to cycle properly - both strobe batteries and camera batteries at full strength).

The settings I used were: camera - shutter 1/30th sec, f/6.3, ISO 400, manual mode. strobe: TTL. The EXIF information on the files indicates that "Flash: fired, strobe returned light detected (3), Auto Mode (3), Flash Function Present, No red-eye reduction.

I took some test shots during the dive while looking at the strobes just to be sure that they fired, and they did. Some pictures turned out fine, some turned out black. I can't explain why it is doing this intermittently, on the same dive, without changing any settings.

yes, both strobes fired. I made a point to fire a few times while looking at the strobes, and they did fire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom