Nikon Coolpix L18 / Ikelite housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namabiru

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Nikon Underwater Digital Camera reviews and discounts, Ikelite

So I'm in the market for a new underwater camera. I do like Sealife's setups in that the accessories are affordable, but I had a less-than-satisfactory experience with them.

Is there is anyone who is using this setup? How is it working out for you?

I'm a tourist diver, who just wants to take some snapshots underwater. I am looking for a system I can potentially expand should I decide to get further into photography.

What also appeals to me about this setup is I can currently get a replacement camera for USD$115 on Amazon. So, I could get this setup, then order a second camera if I so chose to. That way if (when...) my camera floods, I've got a second camera to fit the housing.

DEPP is fine -- if you live in the United States. I checked the website, and it looks as though you have to be a US resident.

I spoke to some more people, and went with this setup. We'll see how it works out.

You're right. The warranty is international. However, DEPP dive kit insurance, from what I've read, has a requirement that purchasers be resident in the US. If this information is inaccurate too, I'd love to know. I'm trying to find dive kit insurance as we speak.

Nor sure. The insurance that comes witht he Fantasea housings is totally international.
Jack

Does any one can show me some underwater pictures captured with Nikon L18 ?......

thanks
brino.

You choice to purchase two cameras is smart. If you don't then your expenisve set up will be rendered useless when it floods the day after the camera is no longer available and since the product cycle on these little cameras seems to be about 6 months you can easily wind up with a housing for which there is no camera regardless of what insurance program you spent money on.

You might want to look itno the Fuji F50/60d with Ikelite housing. N

Back
Top Bottom