Night Wreck Dive Shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
sorta average, but you get the feeling...

DSC_0078-2.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0050-1.jpg

Tom, "onfloat" "militant medic" olivia

Awsome Pics!
We don't get that much vis or ambient light at "High Noon"

Gotta Love night dives! :hai:

Very nice pics cat, Your shot always inspire and amaze me.

FD

Good job, Catherine, as always.

Do you still have that filter that notifies you when your name is mentioned in a post?

hey fellas...

just had an account of a dive from a friend
I suspect that it was the other divers that did that, or else maybe my exhaust bubbles had stirred up the silt that was sitting on the "ceiling" and ledges above me. I guess I'll never know.
he is describing seeing the viz drop...and pondering at depth how it happened...

I am amazed by the experiences of divers and how profound they are...we have people amongst us doing amazing things and holding back a bit. Do we feel there should be a proper answer to every question?

So, in the name of disclosure...I did a dive recently and it went well but we all have ideas about how to make it better. Lights failed..I had a tiny attack of claustrophobia, those kinds of things....actually some divers moved past me in very tight quarters and I froze, rolled up like a fetus and prayed. Still, I can't wait for the next time. Those of you who know the dive...I went the next day and went back, just to get back in the saddle (nothing untoward happened...just my own little head trip) with Chris...and we went into the fish holds under the grate. After 4 minutes or so...I was ready to leave. I might have disappointed him...I think he wanted to explore the passages back up to the galley end of the engine room. Still, he left with me , like a true gentleman and now, I am ready again. I had a very insightful conversation today about ponies and why some mount them upside down, keeping the valve off and bleeding the pressure at depth intervals to reduce the risk of burst disc rupture.

Yes, we should do it over, Tom. Maybe two divers since we know how crowded it actually is.
And photos! I have an endless list of ideas.

Wrecks are so majestic...even the artificial sinkings..the lives contained in that vessel, the Sea Tiger, the Chinese illegal immigrants and the dreams they had for themselves, in America. I think of this each time.

wildcard:

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0031-3.jpg

Just watching that diver in the photo go through that tight little opening gives me a bit of claustrophobia.

How deep were you?

yea, I am a big baby.

DSC_0072.jpg

catherine96821:
yea, I am a big baby.

DSC_0072.jpg
How's that? Sounds like a tight fit, anyway, and with multiple divers in there plus gear, I imagine it's a bit nerve-wracking. I think it's pretty natural to feel a bit claustrophobic under those conditions.

well, the thing that really freked me out was wildcard had on SPLIT FINS

Back
Top Bottom