Night life eeerrr....light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
A little off topic I know, but I stood in the water to get these pics so it has to count for something On Monday evening we went to the lantern festival at Ala Moana Beach park

SHINNYO-EN HAWAII LANTERN FLOATING CEREMONY
Date: May 30
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Ala Moana Beach Park, Honolulu
At sunset, over 1000 candle-lit lanterns will be cast afloat at this time honored Buddhist tradition that is practiced throughout Japan to express respect for the ancestors and comfort the spirits of the deceased. All are invited to take part.

We walked home and got some nice night light pictures:

P1010084.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010070.jpg

Awesome pictures, Lisa! They make me wish I had been there. And I think you should submit that first photo to that hotel for use in a future brochure. I would be willing to pay generously, if I were them.

Great pictures Lisa! You have a great eye for great shots.
David

Thanks Alcina, Ken & David. It was a beautiful ceremony, you would have liked it. It was the 7th time that they have done this and the beach was loaded with people and food stands ( can't have one without the other can we?) . They played the dums and bells and then 6 boats carried the lanterns out to the middle of the bay and put them in the water - it was a very special moment and I can highly reccomend it to enjoy on your next stay. If you are here over memorial day that is.

Beautiful pictures, I love those float! Well, since we are slightly off the topic, this was taken behind my condo, one more step, I would have been in the water as well. Just playing with my new toy :)
dragonfly_191.jpg

Lisa sweet shots wish I was there. SSRA30 love the Dragonfly, always fun to play topside too, just not as much.

Lisa,
You make me long for the Islands. Once again good show.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom