Night dive in Cabo San Lucas ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba jeff

Registered
Reaction score
I read a review on another site that saiid the night dives in Cab San Lucas are not any good. Has anyone here done a night dive in Cabo San Lucas? I am planning a trip for March and would like to know if I should even plan a night dive while I am there.

Thanks

A buddy & I are going (Lord willing) Aug 7-12. We intend to get in at least one night dive & I'll either report back to you or post a trip report once we're back.

My husband and I are planning on going to Cabo San Lucas in December 2006 and were wondering if you went on a night dive and if you enjoyed it? Could you recommend any dive sites?

THANK YOU

scuba jeff:
I read a review on another site that saiid the night dives in Cab San Lucas are not any good. Has anyone here done a night dive in Cabo San Lucas? I am planning a trip for March and would like to know if I should even plan a night dive while I am there.

Thanks

You may want to do a search on CSL diving in general to get a sense of what it is like. It is not Cozumel. The water can be cold - depending on what time of year you are there. I was there over the 4th of July and got really cold in a 3 mil suit with vest and hood. Viz is sometimes limited to 30-40 feet. Most diving is done right outside the harbor entrance and there can be a lot of boats and divers.
I did a night dive there several years ago. There were lots of creatures -especially eels. In the "not crystal clear" water, you stick pretty close to your buddy and the wall/slope which defines most of the diving between the harbor entrance and El Arco which marks the end of the Baja.
If you enjoy night diving, give it a try.

Scuba Jeff,
Sorry, but we didn't do any night dives when we were in Cabo. The buddy I was with is not as much of a scuba addict as I am. I think you will enjoy a night dive there, as some of the neat sites are just right there in the harbor, a couple of minutes away by dive boat.
Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom