Nice new Scribble travel kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have it assembled backwards? It looks like you have your gauge and inflator coming off to the right and your seconds to the left. Deep 6 assembled mine for me before they shipped it, and I'd have to look at it again at home, but I'm pretty sure they set it up so that the logo on the first stage goes up when it's attached to a tank (like you have in the picture), but you would have to have the logo down. Maybe that's a matter of personal preference? It's my first reg, so I don't really know.

I like that blue hose. I just ordered some royal blue bungee to make a necklace for my safe second that matches the reg, but my hoses are all black.

I get to try mine out Saturday afternoon before I take it to Catalina/Malibu for New Year's and Cozumel a couple of weeks later. So far everything looks solid. My only problem is that the first stage is so small that I will need to add a short piece of HP hose to connect my Suunto AI transmitter if I ever need to attach a drysuit hose to the reg because the ports are too close together. Considering one of the reasons I bought the reg is because it is small, I'm not really bothered.

Just need an spg and my hoses.

Attachments

• 54BBE364-E2C9-4C15-9650-A27CF2DEBD1D.jpeg
    54BBE364-E2C9-4C15-9650-A27CF2DEBD1D.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 181
My only problem is that the first stage is so small that I will need to add a short piece of HP hose to connect my Suunto AI transmitter if I ever need to attach a drysuit hose to the reg because the ports are too close together.

That's not a bad thing to do anyways... the last thing you want is some monkey grabbing your tank/ bc by your transmitter... I use a 4" hose by choice, not by necessity, just to allow my transmitter some 'play' if it's ever grabbed/ banged on a boat...

That's not a bad thing to do anyways... the last thing you want is some monkey grabbing your tank/ bc by your transmitter... I use a 4" hose by choice, not by necessity, just to allow my transmitter some 'play' if it's ever grabbed/ banged on a boat...
I'm actually hoping to get a 3-4" hose this weekend when I'm at the shop specifically for that reason. The shortest Deep 6 has on their site is 6", which seemed too long to me. I don't want it flopping around and hitting me in the back of the head or getting pinched between my back and my plate.

Do you have it assembled backwards? It looks like you have your gauge and inflator coming off to the right and your seconds to the left. Deep 6 assembled mine for me before they shipped it, and I'd have to look at it again at home, but I'm pretty sure they set it up so that the logo on the first stage goes up when it's attached to a tank (like you have in the picture), but you would have to have the logo down. Maybe that's a matter of personal preference? It's my first reg, so I don't really know.

Hopefully it's a feature and not a flaw on my reg, but I've noticed that when pressurized, the logo would pop up. It's a nice indicator that things are pressurized. Mine is configured for the logo to be up.

Hopefully it's a feature and not a flaw on my reg, but I've noticed that when pressurized, the logo would pop up. It's a nice indicator that things are pressurized. Mine is configured for the logo to be up.
Maybe check with them? I've never used one of their regs, but I've seen a HOG D3 do that when it failed..although the hog was also hissing air...

Pretty sure that's normal (again, first reg, so I hardly know what I'm talking about). How a Scuba Diving Regulator's First Stage Works Scroll about halfway down the page to the image of a diaphragm first stage (which the scribble is) and you'll see that it looks like the environmental seal is designed to pop up and down a bit with pressure. Have you tried it out in the water yet? How did it breathe?

I'm a little nervous about mine because one of the first things I did was take the face plate off (because it's removable, so why not?) of my primary second stage and when I screwed it back on I misaligned the diaphragm and air was pulling around it when I would try to breathe through it with the dust cap in place. I fixed it, but I'm still worried I screwed something up. My understanding, though, is that the removable plate is designed to be taken off and put back together even underwater if something gets stuck in there when you get hit by a wave or something.
@kmarks... if you can't source one locally dive gear express has the 4" ones.
Good to know. I couldn't find any hoses on Leisure Pro's website.

Maybe check with them? I've never used one of their regs, but I've seen a HOG D3 do that when it failed..although the hog was also hissing air...

Uh oh... I'm about 60+ dives in with it like that...

Uh oh... I'm about 60+ dives in with it like that...
Probably fine then. The one I saw, there was no doubt it wasn't right. Can't hurt to ask a deep6 person though.

Back
Top Bottom