Niagara Falls Scuba Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have heard there is some descent drift diving in the Niagara River. We are staying in a hotel right near the falls. Where are the charters in relation to the falls? How far is it to a dive charter that goes out on the Lake? Any contact info for a niagara river dive?

Hi Scottyd,

There are several dive shops that do drift dives, depending on your schedule. They'll also rent equipment if you're not bringing yours along.

On Wednesdays, Discover Diving does a drift dive: Discover Diving
They have become our favorite shop in the area. Great staff! The dive is free (other than equipment rental and air fills) with hot dogs provided afterward.

Dip and Dive does drift dives on some Fridays: SUMMER 2009 FRIDAY AFTERNOON DIVES! - Local Dives - Dip 'N Dive | Online Scuba Diving Shopping and Training resource. I think they occasionally do drift dives from boats, too. I'm less familiar with this shop, but have friends that speak highly of them.

There's also a shop in Niagara Falls, NY, but I'm not familiar with that shop.

cheers,
P-Cod

edit: there is info on charters on the websites. They usually meet at one of the docks, which will vary depending on the charter.

Last edited:
Hi Scottyd,

There are several dive shops that do drift dives, depending on your schedule. They'll also rent equipment if you're not bringing yours along.

On Wednesdays, Discover Diving does a drift dive: Discover Diving
They have become our favorite shop in the area. Great staff! The dive is free (other than equipment rental and air fills) with hot dogs provided afterward.

Dip and Dive does drift dives on some Fridays: SUMMER 2009 FRIDAY AFTERNOON DIVES! - Local Dives - Dip 'N Dive | Online Scuba Diving Shopping and Training resource. I think they occasionally do drift dives from boats, too. I'm less familiar with this shop, but have friends that speak highly of them.

There's also a shop in Niagara Falls, NY, but I'm not familiar with that shop.

cheers,
P-Cod

edit: there is info on charters on the websites. They usually meet at one of the docks, which will vary depending on the charter.
what about charters that run on the lakes that are close by?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom