Nexus Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Far_X

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, I was having a look at housings for the Canon 40D and I came across this one. It reminds me so much of the Geraldine (Gates video housing) I love so much. Has anyone had any dealings with Nexus housings before?

nexuscanon30d-40d.jpg

I have a Nikon D100 in a Nexus housing with 3 ports and dual Sea&Sea YS110s. Very happy with the quality and ease of use. Will look to eventually upgrade to the Nikon D300. The housings and ports are rather expensive, but all nicely manufactured.

I had a D70 in a Nexus. The fit and finish are top notch and the port system is almost floodproof. I would consider a Nexus for my D300 if I didn't already have Subal ports.

Dave

DEMA 2007: Nexus USA :: Wetpixel.com

I agree with Eric's comments on Nexus ergonomics for Canon. Other similarly priced housings (subal & seatool) will do a much better job...

Well, this is my first post and I hate to seem obnoxious, but would your comment have anything to do with the fact that your signature links to a store that doesn't carry Nexus housings, and is actually listed as a "grey market" dealer for Nexus products?
Nexus USA Home Page

Although I fully respect someone like Eric's opinion, I also feel that the ergonomics of many housings are subject to personal preference.

Now, to give my direct opinion about Nexus housings
I am currently using a Nexus housing for the Nikon D70, which I love. Although there will be differences in housing ergonomics due to differences in the cameras, I don't think it would be dramatic. I had a chance to look at the Nexus housing for the Canon 1DS MKIII at DEMA and I am planning on purchasing one as soon as it is available.

I am friends with several other divers who use Nexus housings and they all seem to be very happy with them.

Anyone who has dealt with Ryan (and there are hundreds if not thousands) knows that he will give the pros and cons of every piece of equipment made (whether he carries it or not) and let the buyer make a decision. He earned my business years ago by treating me this way and never pressuring me at all. There have been times that I wanted X and he has told me Y will do the same thing for less $$$. Most of the time I take his advice.....others I haven't.

Although my Nexus D70 housing had excellent fit and finish, the viewfinder sucked. I sold it (ports and all) and switched to a Subal w/ magnified viewfinder for my D70. Since then, I have traded up to the Subal w/ magnified viewfinder for my D200. I just picked up a D300 and will probably house it in a Subal too.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom