Next step for a new diver I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or even worse can happen: I ditched the boyfriend and moved to the East Coast following the NOAA water temperature chart LOL.

We are looking for the safest/cheapest way to transition into diving in our area (cold water with bad visibility) while expanding our all around knowledge.
A good cadre of experienced local divers is the best way to gain experience. Most experienced divers have no problem mentoring an enthusiastic newbie. They usually only grate against the instant experts. A diver with a lot of varied experiences is more valuable than a instructor with a lot training dives. Books about diving are readily available for learning about local dive spots and to broaden your horizons, as are clubs.

If you want someone to critic your technique, a good mentor will work as well as an instructor.

Like the others said, go out and dive. I am sure the LDS can tell you where all the soft ball shore dives can be found so you can figure things out on your own.

Puget Sound and the wider area seem to have some fantastic cold seas scenery. You should have an absolutely excellent time learning how to enjoy those waters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom