Next M&G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stinggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was just wondering when and where the next m&g will be. I don't mind hosting it in my house.:balloons::scubahelmet:

Why dont we do this, ask everyone what they would preferr? M&G at MsScuba's house or at the Sand Key beach.

The ONLY time I could do a BEACH M&G is Saturday or Sunday. The weekend of 3/28 I dive is heading to the keys so why dont we plan on the 21st? If everyone brings a dish to share I will cook something on the girl...........I mean grill!

Hopefully everyone can post what time of day would work best.

Why dont we do this, ask everyone what they would preferr? M&G at MsScuba's house or at the Sand Key beach.

The ONLY time I could do a BEACH M&G is Saturday or Sunday. The weekend of 3/28 I dive is heading to the keys so why dont we plan on the 21st? If everyone brings a dish to share I will cook something on the girl...........I mean grill!

Hopefully everyone can post what time of day would work best.

Bill - great idea. Let's make the beach date a little more definite as a choice.

Sand Key Beach - March 21st, Saturday, beginning at noon.

Being new to the Board, I see many comments about the M&G. At the risk of sounding foolish, is M&G meet and great. Sounds like fun. How does it work?

The Rube Allyn Reef is a quick run from Sand Key. Water temperature should be in the 70s. Visibility in March and April is generally pretty good if the winds are not stirring things up too much. I have a 23" Center Console that can handle 4 to 6 divers and can anchor right off the beach for loading up. Alternatively, there are some docks at the Clearwater Sailing Center across Gulf Blvd from Sand Key Park. Would this be consistent with a day at the beach.

Although I joined two years ago, I have not monitored the board until this week. My sons, my historic dive buddies have moved on with careers out of town and I need to find new dive buddies.

Welcome to the board VJimScuba. The M&G are pretty simple we get a place/date/time and anyone who wants to show up does so! The person "hosting" the event would let everyone know if anything is needed or not.
Right now there have been several different locations that have been discussed via threads and phone and PM. When something concrete is determined I will let you know.
What do you mean by "quick run" to the Rube Allyn. I have never dove this site before. (I live in Hernando county)
What is YOUR preference? MsScubas house, Sand Key, Anna Marie Island Bradenton, MissDirected's house?

Being new to the Board, I see many comments about the M&G. At the risk of sounding foolish, is M&G meet and great. Sounds like fun. How does it work?

The Rube Allyn Reef is a quick run from Sand Key. Water temperature should be in the 70s. Visibility in March and April is generally pretty good if the winds are not stirring things up too much. I have a 23" Center Console that can handle 4 to 6 divers and can anchor right off the beach for loading up. Alternatively, there are some docks at the Clearwater Sailing Center across Gulf Blvd from Sand Key Park. Would this be consistent with a day at the beach.

Although I joined two years ago, I have not monitored the board until this week. My sons, my historic dive buddies have moved on with careers out of town and I need to find new dive buddies.

Hrmmm I haven't been to the Rube in ages, almost forgot about that site.

Bill has it covered on the M&G's :) Great way to make friends/dive buddy's. :thumbs-up

Lastly, I think you should ground your sons. I will support you in this effort 100% :D

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom