NexGen suit weak in the knees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am starting to see the advantage of buying new (or factory close-out DUI like new). Why spend hours searching and gamble on a drysuit that could double as a spagetti collander? Bite the bullet, buy new and sell in 7 to 10 years for half what you paid and buy new again.

One nice thing about buying and returning my CL Nexgen suit; the $250 became seed money for my "drysuit fund envelope" which sits in my desk drawer and has grown to about $485 in just a few weeks. I've never been one to save, but I will have to admit this is working out nicely.

I want in on some of that interest(rate).....j/k'ing........as my daddy once told me, it doesn't cost any more to go 1st class, you just can't stay as long......I think you're heading in the right direction......

I came across a great deal on a new dry suit years ago, probably my best investment in diving. Sure the initial lay out of $$ was still big (especially at the time) but I probably would have gone through 3 wetsuits by now so i'd say it's even. And this whole time I've been warm, a dive is completely different when you aren't freezing. Keep your eyes open for a good suit new or used and hopefully you will have better luck next time, I'm sure glad I didn't go through that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom