NEX -- Reinventing the wheel in Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigbella

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So, a message arrived with my promotional emails this morning, from Light and Motion, who is now apparently flogging a new brand of regulator -- from Nex Underwater Products, along with that all-too common word soup of some "shared commitment to minimize their environmental footprint."

Yeah, assembled in Monterey or Sand City, like Light and Motion products; but they're all a bit slippery about where the machining has taken place -- but it must certainly be some Asian country, equally concerned about their "environmental footprint" . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 5.41.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 5.41.02 PM.png
    438.9 KB · Views: 43
I looked at their stuff at the last DEMA show.

It looked decent. But, the pricing was at the same level as the big name brands. I couldn't figure out why they'd expect anyone to buy theirs when they could get an Atomic or Halcyon or ScubaPro for the same money.

At one point, you could rent them from Bamboo Reef. Unsure if that's still the case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom