NEX-7 with the Nauticam 45 degree viewfinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Bill.

As a footnote the new Nauticam housing for the Olympus E-M5 which is coming soon will also allow you to use the 45 & 180 degree finders.

Phil Rudin

I am still conflicted about waiting for the NEX guys to make some lenses or getting the EM5 to supplement the 7D system or ultimately replace it.
On land, I think I can tell the EM5 pics from the nex-7 pics pretty easily but UW I am not so sure.
Bill

I am sure I can tell the 3:2 format pictures from the 4:3 format ones beyond that.... I do not own the Canon 7D nor have I ever tested one but the tests I have seen for E-M5 at places like DPreview put it ahead of 7D in both Raw and Jpeg image quality. As we all know tests can be bent in one way or another but you will not find better Raw image quality out of to many APS-C sensor cameras to date. The difference in overall lens selection and even more importent lens quality is a no-brainer to me, M43 wins hands down.

Phil Rudin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom