NEX-7 with the Nauticam 45 degree viewfinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PHIL RUDIN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have attached several photos of the Nauticam NEX-7 housing with and without the Nauticam 45 degree viewfinder installed. I will take if for a dip on Tuesday or Wednesday and let you know what I think V. the stock pickup finder. Also two with the 30mm macro from Saturday.

Phil Rudin

PHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-00461.jpgPHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-00634.jpgPHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-00633.jpgPHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-00632.jpgPHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-00611.jpgPHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-00609.jpgPHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-00606.jpgPHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-00599.jpgPHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-00556.jpgPHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-00640.jpg

Last edited:
p_image_127_4.jpg

According to the Nauticam web site the 45 viewfinder is 477.8 grams (16.85 oz) and it is larger than my Inon 45 finder. It also has a larger viewing port and the +/- diopter control. I think the viewfinder looks "huge" more because the NEX-7 housing is so small compared to a DSLR housing with the same viewfinder like the Canon 7D in the attachment.

Also see the attached Nauticam link for new 45 viewfinder info.

Nauticam USA - Innovation Underwater - Nauticam USA News

Phil Rudin

Last edited:
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts, and always appreciate the reviews (and the excellent photos). Question - have you used the 4" wide angle port for the 18-55mm? I'd be interested to hear what you think of it. I've been a fan of the flat port, but once I started using the fisheye with the 16mm, I got hooked.

Hi Thiad,

On my list of things to try but I have not used the port yet. So far I like the 30 macro and the 16mm with the W/A adapter best of the lens combo's I have used. The fisheye is very nice as well but I feel like I have a little more control with the W/A. At the price I am sure several NEX users will have both.

Phil Rudin

Last edited:
I agree the veiwfinder is huge. The whole reason I went down this path was for lightness for travel but I guess all the ports and lens will add up. I fly to NZ for easter so will see hwo much I have to carry.

My article on EVF's using the Nauticam viewfinder is now released in the new issue of Underwater Photography magazine, UWPMAG.com along with an article about diving in Spain. Check it out and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Phil Rudin

Phil,

Which issue of UWPmag are you referring to?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom