NEX-5N camera settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My NEX-5N arrived a few days ago and my 10Bar housing is in transport. At this time I only have the 18-55 lens but I have purchased a FIT +5 diopter and the external adapter. I have a single Inon 240Z strobe connected by fiber optics. For those of you who have used the NEX-5N underwater, I would be interested in how you have set up the custom buttons and what apertures, shutter speeds, and ISOs you use as starting positions for both close-ups and distance shots. Also interested in your choice of metering and flash modes. From a few quick tests, my NEX seems to have trouble with close focusing when I use spot metering but does well when I use evaluative metering (all 49 sensors). Is this common?

Thanks,
Rick

I just got one a few weeks ago, just the nex-5 with a nauticam and single z240, same lens. I am still learning how to use it but have used one custom button for white balance and the middle button custom to iso. Been in manual mode mainly so I can change exposure faster. Left shutter speed around 1/160th and autofocus. Havent played much with the metering and all that. With the strobe I just do it on manual too. But yeah this is my first uw camera so still learning a lot.

Can the NEX5n's flash be set to forced flash at like 1/64th power? I assume that would only be available in manual mode, if available at all.

I haven't seen a way to do this with the NEX-5N - Scott

What mode does everyone use there nex underwater at, and why?

I haven't seen a way to do this with the NEX-5N - Scott

Sure enough. I've played with settings quite a bit trying to find someway to keep cycle times short and continue using TTL but no joy. Will stick with manual flash.

- T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom