nex 5 housing ports etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregor-bali

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi to all who can help

I have been looking around the forum and still a bit confused im new to U/W photography and am looking at getting the 10bar housing and 18-55mm port for my sony nex-5 to start me off i have the 18-55 and pancake lens for the camera and was hoping someone could tell me if this is the best choice for starting off with and doing macro and wide stuff with at lets till i get use to using the camera oh and any tips you could give me for shooting U/W with the nex-5 would be good like settings etc

thanks for any help you can give me out there
gregor

I find that I use the 18-55mm lens more than anything else. It's extremely versatile for most shots. For macro, I've added one or two Inon UCL-165 lens (single or stacked).

However, I will say that the fisheye lens and port is pretty amazing - especially when the visibility is nice. It really does some amazing stuff.

As for settings? I'm not one to futz around with white balance or ISO (AUTO!), but I do shoot on aperature priority and adjust as needed. Overall, it's a really solid camera and I think you'll be very happy with it.

I'd get the semi-dome port for the 18-55mm, the 67mm macro adapter, and the Dyron 67mm macro lens. Like Thiad said, using the 16mm pancake lens and the fisheye conversion lens behind the dome port is great. You can see those options on our 10-bar Sony Nex-5n page. Settings I cover in several articles on "the guide". :) hope this helps - Scott

I'd get the semi-dome port for the 18-55mm, the 67mm macro adapter, and the Dyron 67mm macro lens. Like Thiad said, using the 16mm pancake lens and the fisheye conversion lens behind the dome port is great. You can see those options on our 10-bar Sony Nex-5n page. Settings I cover in several articles on "the guide". :) hope this helps - Scott

Hi Scott,

Would like to ask for your advice. Have you ever try some 3rd party DOME port like from Ikelite or other brands and if they work on 10Bar housing? I am thinking to get a DOME port to cater the fisheye lens of SONY but find the 10Bar one is not that good and smooth in shape, I am thinking if I can get a 3rd to work on it.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom