Nex-5 at Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guamrider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just finished this for the Guam group that I led to Malapascua. This was my first trip using the Nex-5 exclusively for both above and below the water.

I learned a lot and overall was very pleased by the camera once I got used to it.
Malapascua, 2011 on Vimeo

Great video. What video lights are you using? Also are you using video lights for taking photos?

Thanks. I'm using a Sea & Sea YS-110a and Inon s-2000 for stills, and 2 Inon LE550s for video. I made my own arms using lock links and mounted the video light on the middle shoe. Kinda neat as I can take all 3 on the same dive. I put 2 buoyancy "pods" on the video arm so the whole thing is virtually weightless.

Great video! Would also love to see a picture of your setup. Also would you share the settings you used for making the videos?

Great video! Would also love to see a picture of your setup. Also would you share the settings you used for making the videos?
I'm changing the set up so I can have a video light on each are along with the strobes. After I dive with and it works it I'll post the pix. What I really like about lock link arms is that I can change the strobe positions immediately instead of having to loosen a clamp, reposition , and then tighten again.

The only setting you can use for video is set the aperature, and most of the time I left it at 5.6 or 8. Unfortunately, the rest is all automatic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom