Newsletter Spam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mech Diver - I must have come across incorrectly, by no means are you annoying us with your comments, we invite people to give us feedback be it positive or negative. My comment was simply meant to tell you that should you no longer wish to receive any emails you don't have to. I understand you have no problems receving emails that you see as benefical as you stated early on but given that you are clearly worried about getting things you don't want this is an easy way to insure it never happens as you would be completedly optted out.

Should you decide you no longer wish to be a member of ScubaBoard you are free to remove your profile information, signature and email address and that will, for all intensive purposes, render your account inopperative. Of course we don't want to see you or anyone else go :(

MechDiver,

As a rule we don't deactivate accounts unless someone violates the TOS.

But when people accuse us of spam, of having LOTS of ads in reference to a monthly newsletter that had no ads in it, then sure, we scratch our heads to try and figure out what the real issue is. Tech Admin has indicated the means whereby you can make sure to never ever receive another one of these mailings, and you call that "testy". But now that you know, please don't complain if by not following the simple instructions you get next month's mailings.

Actually, I think it's quite awesome that we only have one complaint when it comes to our monthly newsletter. Our users ROCK!

NetDoc:
Actually, I think it's quite awesome that we only have one complaint when it comes to our monthly newsletter. Our users ROCK!
Well, Pete, I have actually been meaning to have a word with you about that.

Okay, bad time for levity. I'll go stand in my corner. :blush:

I glanced over the newsletter, read it really quick, entered my girlfriend in for the BC and then deleted it. Now I suppose that if I really didn't like it, I would have unchecked that box, or blocked the address so I receive no further e-mails from that address. BUT, if I really didn't like it AND I had too much time on my hands, I would do all of that, and then whine about it.

NetDoc:

Actually I have a complaint!!!!!

I didn't get one...ok maybe I did, my regular computer is in the shop, but if I get it back and don't find it there will be heck to pay....

You know James,

My biggest complaint is that AGAIN we failed to make money on our newsletter! I mean if our objective was to "make a buck" with it, then we failed miserably! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom