news source for diving accidents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazelb

New
Reaction score
Just got news that a friend passed away in a diving accident in monterey bay. do any of you know of a source for incident reports, or have you heard anything about a recent fatal dive accident there?
Thanks.

My friend passed as well yesterday. Deepest condolences go out to you and your friends family. If you do find a site let me know as I would like to find out what happened to my friend as well.

That didn't want to load.

I found this on the same site:
Monterey scuba diver dies at CHOMP

A male scuba diver died Sunday after he got into difficulty at a popular Cannery Row beach for diving, authorities said.

Fire and ambulance crews were called to McAbee Beach about 11:30a.m. where the stricken diver was being given first aid by a bystander, said fire Division Chief Paul Goodwin.

The diver, whose identity was unavailable, was taken to Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula by ambulance and died later, according to Monterey police.

I was there yesterday just prior to the emergency teams began to waive on scene. They worked for several minutes (seemed like 30 minutes or more) trying to revive him, but he was unresponsive and had no breathing equipment on him as they passed by me. We felt he died on scene. I, too, would like any information regarding this man. My condolences to friends and family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom