News of the Weird

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

license-thumb.jpg

Renewing your driver's license can be a pain in the butt these days, but the task has caused quite a problem for Ashlee Lineberger of Englewood.

Lineberger recently mailed in her $48 renewal fee for a new license and when she got her new state-issued ID back in the mail, she noticed that she had a new street address.

The license said she lived on "Eat Ass" in Englewood, Fla., reports NBC News in Miami.

Florida Department of Motor Vehicles has no idea how it happened.

Lineberger's husband, Charles, said after getting the runaround on the phone with the state DMV, the couple went to the local DMV office.

What they got was laughter -- and a quote for another fee if they wanted the license fixed.

State officials contacted Lineberger on Wednesday to apologize for the error and told her a new license - free of charge - would be in the mail.

But the Linebergers are not without a sense of humor. Ashlee said she plans on keeping the "Eat Ass" license. even after she gets the replacement license.

"Imagine if I got pulled over by a cop and had to show this ID? I probably wouldn't be getting out of that ticket," she said. "That's priceless," reports NBC News in Miami.

Photo: NBC News Miami

Sounds Like a Joke (I): Fifteen months after he was buried in the ground, Orville Richardson will be dug up and decapitated so that the Alcor Cryonics lab in Arizona can freeze the head, which Alcor says is what Richardson wanted. [ed.: I guess questioning the cryonic viability of a 15-month-old head is to tacitly acknowledge the cryonic viability of a fresh head?] Associated Press via Des Moines Register

I work with a guy who address should read kiss ass rd. vs this lady's eat ass rd.

In April, the town of Olathe, Kan., became the second city in two years to settle lawsuits filed by citizens who were arrested for flashing their middle fingers at police officers, thus appearing to acknowledge that flipping the bird contemptuously at a cop is expressive conduct protected by the First Amendment. (Philadelphia paid out $50,000; Olathe, one-sixteenth the size, paid out $5,000.) [KSHB-TV (Kansas City), 4-16-10]

This has to be the greatest lead in to a news story in history....

500x_custom_1274724915031_burritocaptainamerica.jpg

"The Brevard County doctor who was arrested for groping a woman while dressed as Captain America with a burrito in his pants will not go to jail." [WFTV, via FilmDrunk]

In April, the town of Olathe, Kan., became the second city in two years to settle lawsuits filed by citizens who were arrested for flashing their middle fingers at police officers, thus appearing to acknowledge that flipping the bird contemptuously at a cop is expressive conduct protected by the First Amendment. (Philadelphia paid out $50,000; Olathe, one-sixteenth the size, paid out $5,000.) [KSHB-TV (Kansas City), 4-16-10]

cops usually aren't up to date on protecting the rights of the constitution......

warning: language on tape that you might not want to play loud at work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom