Newly Certified DFW Diver looking for clubs to dive with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, my 10 year old daughter and I recently got our OW certifications and are all fired up to do some dives in Texas and surrounding areas. My brother, his son and his daughter also go certified and we are all looking. Since some of us are completely new to it, we are hoping to find some clubs that have scheduled dives that we can tag along on and learn the ropes. We are going to go pick up our gear this weekend, so I guess we could be ready to dive as soon as then. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You came to the right place. In the DFW area, we do a lot of our diving at Clear Springs Scuba Park, just outside Terrell, about 10 miles south of Lake Tawakoni. You are more than welcome to join us anytime we are out there. The Texas Swamp Divers is an informal group with no dues, no officers, but plenty of divers and good times. Come go diving with us! :)

Thanks. That sounds like a good time, we will be there. We are going to go gear shopping this weekend and hopefully pickup the whole shibang, so we should be completely outfitted by then.

How do you know when the TSD group is getting together? Is there a schedule? Or is it mostly impromptu dives?

Advice on gear: research .... research.... research... everyone has an opinion.. See if you can "try before you buy" some LDS do that..

As far as groups... someone from here is always somewhere!!

Jarrett:
How do you know when the TSD group is getting together? Is there a schedule? Or is it mostly impromptu dives?

Just keep checking this forum and it should tell you everything you need to know about local diving schedules...:diver:

Jarrett before making any final purchases please visit us at the our Arlington shop.....I work pt and Debra Welch is the owner/operator....I think you would be very happy visiting us. http://www.siscuba.com/

Jarrett:
Hello, my 10 year old daughter and I recently got our OW certifications and are all fired up to do some dives in Texas and surrounding areas. My brother, his son and his daughter also go certified and we are all looking. Since some of us are completely new to it, we are hoping to find some clubs that have scheduled dives that we can tag along on and learn the ropes. We are going to go pick up our gear this weekend, so I guess we could be ready to dive as soon as then. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi Jarrett,
I'd like to invite you to check out the Diving Rebels Scuba Club, www.divingrebels.org We are the oldest dive club in Texas based in Arlington. We meet the first Wednesday of the month and also have monthly outing to dive sites in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. We also do one or two blue water trips a year. A group of us just returned from La Paz, where we dove with sea lions, manta rays, snorkeled with pilot whales and saw a pod of 300 or so dolphin. Check us out and you're invited to come to our meetings. A group of us will be at Clear Springs Scuba Park on Aug 13th and you're welcome to come dive with us.

TexDiveGuy, I called Debra just now and she is working on a quote for me. Thanks for the tip.

Dan, thanks for the info. That September 2-5th - Lake Ouachita Outing sounds like fun. I would love to go to it, but I think my daughter may have her final horse show in the series that weekend. I will definitely keep track of other dives with your group though and hopefully meet up sometime.

Oh, one other thing I wanted to ask. What type of wetsuit (if any) do you recommend getting for diving around Texas? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom