Newly Cert. PADI OWSI looking for work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScubaScubaYAY

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

My name is Jeanette and I am currently working towards my OWSI certification with PADI. I will be completing the IDC and the IE by mid October. I am confident in my ability to pass the IE with flying colors. When I do, I will be looking for work as a dive instructor. Currently, the best place I have found for employment classifieds is on the PADI website itself, but I also find this limiting and am wondering where else I might look for diving related job postings. I am also an underwater videographer and hope to make this a regular part of my diving. In the future I would like to work with research or conservation teams to record marine life and produce videos that promote sustainable use fo the seas.

Please, if you have any suggestions of places I might look for job postings and/or advice on how to reach the level of videography I aspire to, reply to this posting or send me a PM. I could really use some advice on this matter and I greatly appreciate any help that you can give. Thank you.

At this point, your best bet (as you've already found) is the PADI Pro's section job board. There's more listings daily in there than I've seen anywhere else online. Another idea is to take your IDC wherever you'd like to work, it tends to be easier to continue on with an operation if you've taken at least one class with them.

Best of luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom