Newbies are worthless!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry to hear that many newbies have been dumped on for their questions. And everybody has had questions at some point. I remember when I began diving and I found scubaboard. I asked so many questions, people probably got sick of me, but I learned so much. Yeah I got flamed a few times but for the most part I got a lot of useful information and I hope have as good an experience as I did.

As a newbie I have found most all divers to be extremely friendly and helpful. However, their have been a few divers that have made me feel uncomfortable and shunned me because of my skill level as opposed to theirs. I really think that divers of higher skill level need to remember where they came from and offer support to new divers - who knows, it may even save a life.

As a newbie I have found most all divers to be extremely friendly and helpful. However, their have been a few divers that have made me feel uncomfortable and shunned me because of my skill level as opposed to theirs. I really think that divers of higher skill level need to remember where they came from and offer support to new divers - who knows, it may even save a life.
It might even save THEIR life if theire unfortunate some day..

Just another thought from me.
Sometimes I might be thinking a question, but to me seems a bit stupid to ask. I should after-all know the answer should I not? (rhetorical)
It's great that some people have the guts to ask, because that means all I have to do is a little search here.

Mark, did you know that SB has a forum exactly for this kind of question that you are shy to ask? It's called "Instructor's Panel," and all you have to do is PM any Instructor or Moderator and they will post and discuss your question there without identifying who it came from.

Thanks Quero, no I didn't know about that part of the site.

Actually, I don't have any questions at the moment but I have had some, and they were already answered for people who had the same or similar question.
What I meant was, that because people have asked questions before me, makes this site a goldmine of knowledge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom