Newbie with wide angle question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack, what's the minimum focal length and max. aperture on that lens? How's it work on the SP?

Yes. Sorry, but it was a real question. I mentioned I was new to this, so I am unaware of the diffrences. I assume it must have something to do with the refractive properties of water as discussed in the open water & advanced classes?

The index of refraction(n) of air is 1.0 and the n of water is 1.33(rounded off for equational use)....

Quick ? explanation on the origin of the question.

First, I only get to dive a couple of weeks a year except in quarries. (I live in Kentucky).

I started out with a Canon SD110 and a Canon G-7, Ikelite Case, Strobe Flash etc... (Bought it used and had reasonable results). However, I don't get a chance to dive often enough to work that hard for pictures - Rig way to big and complicated - I dive for fun. (I also had almost as good results with the Canon Powersot SD110.) So I switched to a Nikon L12 with a Fantasea case. It has a provision for a 46mm lens so I was looking for a low cost alternative to put a wide angle on it to play with. Kind of slow to spend 225+ on a 100.00 camera

RAB

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom