newbie TV producer seeks help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
and punishing those of us who try to make a living from it....

would you like someone to work for free in your dry land work? put you out of potential money?!
Happens all the time in the film business, but it all really comes down to the fact that you get what you pay for. I do actually have a lot of problems with people interning and working for free and other peoples expectations that they will do just that, but that is a conversation for another time and another place.

I was joking btw, and I doubt that you were really expecting this to lead to a job any more than I was. Besides, I wouldn't really consider it working for free since the cost of flying me there, putting me up, etc... would most likely cost more than hiring someone locally. Of course when I work out of town I do normally expect to have all of my expenses paid in addition to getting paid, so I do see where you are coming from. That being said I stand by what I said, I didn't mean for it to offend, simply I would be willing to do some work in exchange for a dive vacation, of course I would expect additional compensation if a large amount of work was actually required.

~Jess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom