newbie/transplant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gold4

Reaction score
guess what!!!! we are moving to dickinson texas in october 2003 I cannot wait, looking for a dive club to join..I plan on diving the flower gardens alot once we get down there and I am advanced scuba certified and part of the padi society.. and an avid u/w photographer...we are coming down there in june to get everything together...I will be looking for dive buddies and want to know other than the flower gardens in the middle of the ocean is there anywhere else to dive thats decent in the ocean :)

Well you'll be close enough to dive with us Swampers at Twin
Lakes. Congrads on your up coming move. You'll find some great people here in Texas. See ya soon!!!! :)

Hello Gold4

Welcome aboard. Your going to have to give us a trip report after you get back from Flower Gardens. Don't forget to stop by and say hello to all the swampers when you go. The bunch at twin lakes are great, lots of fun, easy going types and from the sound of it they have been doing alot of sprucing up over winter.

There's alot of places in driving distance to go to. To name a few there's Blue Lagoon in Huntsville, Near Dallas there's Athins, Clear Springs and PK. Head to Austin and there is Lake Travis, San Marcus and Comal river just to name a few. A bit further (more like a weekend trip) you can also hit Balmorehea. There is the Valhalla Silo you can dive as well.

fatboys Scuba has a good list of dive sites and I think he hits the board from time to time

http://www.fatboyscuba.com/logbook2.html

Geek

Welcome to the swamp.

We are a real informal group. You are welcome to dive with us at any time.

Please keep in mind, I have no idea what your diving experience is like, but the Gardens is not the place to make your first salt dives.

Most shops will sell the trip to anyone willing to plunk down the $$.

Have a safe move to Dickinson.

TwoBit

Well you'll miss our famous summer, but I bet you're gonna like the winter better!!! We tend to freak if it gets close to freezing.

We might do another infamous Halloween dive in Austin again this year to welcome you properly. Last year it got rained out so I guess we can make it a bi-annual event just to be ornary and confuse the non-swamper community.

Start practicing eating jalapenos with your breakfast and drinking iced tea.

Back
Top Bottom