Newbie needs info on shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NaCL H2O gal

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I are going down to my condo in Venice the end of this month. We are from Illinois and have about 15 dives each under our belts. We got our OW certifications earlier in the year and have been only diving in a quarry since that is the only place for us to get any experience locally. Lake Michigan is a little too cold for us so the quarry at least gave us the opportunity to practice with our newly learned skills. My question is, where is a good place for people who are new to shore diving? Is there any tips or info that will make our experience a good one? My condo is on the beach about a mile south of Venice Beach. Would we be better off going to an area where there are more people around? Since this will be our first time diving in salt water, other than the buoyancy and current, what other types of things can we expect?

There are divers at Venice Beach almost every weekend doing shore dives. Do a search on Venice Beach on this board, and you'll find who does what where.

I'm sure you'll have a blast!

-=V=-

When at the end of the month are you going to be down. We are doing a shore diving beach party on the 25th and a boat dive on the 26th over on the east coast. You are welcome to drive over and join us. Details arein the florida conch divers section of the board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom