Newbie looking for apparel & possible regulator advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my scap too. Not bald on top but it does keep my hair out of my face. Stays in place without any fuss too.

Not to mention.... it LOOKS cool!! :wink:

Not to mention.... it LOOKS cool!! :wink:

Maybe not cool but I am certainly identifiable.
diving me and coral.jpg

Man, I didn't know I could be a pirate! This scuba thing is really working out!

So far, I think I'm liking the idea of the SCAP. Pricey - but if the thing works - and I don't lose it - it could be just right!

Thanks for the advice, all!
Reid

Man, I didn't know I could be a pirate! This scuba thing is really working out!

So far, I think I'm liking the idea of the SCAP. Pricey - but if the thing works - and I don't lose it - it could be just right!

Thanks for the advice, all!
Reid
I got mine at the local dive shop. I'm pretty sure I didn't pay $30 for it. You might want to check thescap.com to see if there are local dealers so you don't have to pay for shipping. Unless of course you would like it customized with your name on it ...

@runsongas

Actually, we might have a winner here - the Quicksilver rashie with hood! That's pretty much exactly what I was going for. I may go crazy and buy the SCAP and the rashie.

@KatieMac

I checked Amazon.com as well on the SCAP - same price. And at least no shipping charge. I have yet to check out my local dive shop and really should. I'll cruise by this weekend and leave my wallet in the car. :)

Thanks again!

+1 on the neck gaiter. Common on fishermen. I saw panga drivers wearing them too, so I got one. Inexpensive, lightweight, easy to pull up over your head on surface interval. For Diving I pull it up and my mask holds it in place. Also, my buddy can spot me more easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom