Newbie it a bit of a dilemma about Atomic B2 Regulator setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whale Whisperer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just received an Atomic B2 Regulator for Christmas, and I want to set it up as my primary Regulator. Where can I find a 7' hose that will properly hook up to the inlet of the Reg (The inlet stem is twice as long as most other regs, probably because of their comfort swivel)? My local dive shop (Which I think is the only DIR shop in the state) said that I'll probably have to order a "custom" hose from Atomic for $218!!!!!!! They also suggested to reasearch the web, so here I am!

My options as far as I know are:
-Shell out the $218 to Atomic and Get the custom hose
-Get a LP hose coupler fitting (Not very safe to do I understand, but cheap)
-Hope that there's an adaptor out there that will allow me to use a standard 7' hose I could care less about the comfort swivel!
-Chuck the B2 Regulator and get a different one

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Whale Whisperer:
My local dive shop (Which I think is the only DIR shop in the state) said that I'll probably have to order a "custom" hose from Atomic for $218!!!!!!! They also suggested to reasearch the web, so here I am!

M

your lds is either lazy or is getting you to sell your atomics so you can get a supposedly more "dir" rig from them:) ! my girlfriend dives an m1 and a b1 both with 7' longhoses. you can use the apeks hoses which she uses. also the inlet is exactly the same size as the inlet of an apeks atx100 (which i have) all i did was get an adaptor lug for the hose. adaptor cost me like $10.

Twice as long sounds a bit funny (last time I look at the Atomic line - circa 2003 - it was rather standard). Is it a 1/2" hose?

If it's just a 1/2" hose problems, those can be had for same or close money to the standard LP hoses (just get two because they can be a special order item when you need them).

If for some reason it's that specialized, this is something you don't want to go through the headache of tracking parts when something breaks. Ebay the brand new reg and get something else more "common".

I dive a Atomic Z2 on a 7' hose. I don't remember what the hose setup cost but it was probably around $60 - 70 Canadian.

FYI

Bjorn

I am not sure about the B1, however both the M1 and Z2 come with straight hoses and the B2 comes with a long male piece thats threadd for their swivel...

So can't one just unscrew the swivel and put on a standard hose? I wouldn't think it would be any different than my M1s or Z1s.

David P:
I am not sure about the B1, however both the M1 and Z2 come with straight hoses and the B2 comes with a long male piece thats threadd for their swivel...

Unfortunately "standard hose" fittings are not long enough to properly mate with the B2 regulator, however! I did some research with Atomic after reading everyone's post and found out that the M1 & B1 reg hoses are compatible with the B2 reg. It doesn't have the comfort swivel (Which I don't really need), and it's $168 less! Now I can have a back-up without breaking the bank! Thanks for your help guys!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom