Newbie introducing himself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fabes

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I only have an open water cert. I was in the Marine Corps and stationed in Okinawa, and what better way to pass the time there than to become certified for diving. I only did 10 dives while I was in Okinawa and havent had the time nor $ to go on a dive since I have been back to the states.

Hi Fabes,
Glad you found us. Welcome to the world of diving.
:sunny:

Hey Faber,

Welcome to the board.. I just recently got certified and haven't been diving since...I can relate to the money issue, still recovering from the initial gearing up expenses.

Great people on this board, I have yet to see a question that couldn't be answered.

Jimbo :)

Hiya Fabes! I was able to do a few dives in Okinawa a few months ago & can't wait to get back to that part of the globe. Glad that you could join us here & welcome from the Puget Sound.

-kate

Welcome to the forum.. You're not only newly certified as I am, just five months into diving. But I got into lake diving several weekends in the row. So what part of the states you're residing? Any open water sources? Welcome back, gunny! Live long and prosper in diving.
afraser31

Okinawa eh? I'm in Seoul at the moment.The only thing keeping me sane here is AFRTS.Welcome aboard my man.You'll find us "nuclii secondus" (second to none)
Cheers Ears,
The Gasman

Well I was originally certified for open water in november of 1998. I got back to the states in early 1999 and managed to do 2 river dives in the Vancouver, Washington area that were rather dull and boring. I am now living in Tucson, Arizona and the closest diving is down in the gulf of mex, dirty little towns called Rocky Point and San Carlos. There are a few dive shops here that offer monthly trips down there but they require that you drive yourself down there and its a 6 hour drive to San Carlos.

The diving in Okinawa was incredible. The visibility there was amazing.

Hey fabes, welcome aboard. AZ huh, I know a bunch of divers in AZ that drive out to San Diego quite often to dive either the Yukon, Coronados or the Channel Islands. Hop in your car and drive on out!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

... and a warm welcome from Canada.

What was dull about the dive in Vancouver, Washington?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom