Newbie in Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Just joined the board. Been living in Seattle for the last 7 1/2 years, and I just got certified last year in Cozumel. I thought I'd drop buy and introduce myself.

I'll probably try to schedule a few dives in the Sound at some point. I need to gather information. One of my limitations is that I live in a small place and I don't own any gear.

JDelage,

Welcome to the board. I'm about three months ahead of you, certified in Thailand last summer, now diving fairly regularly here. My credit card company loves me, I have bought all my gear in the lst three months. I'm sure there will be more responding, but feel free to PM me with specific questions. Since I've just gone through what you are about to go through, so I may be able to offer some advice. The grizzled vets will also probably be able to offer a good perspective. . . and searching the archives and reading past threads will give you exposure to many different ideas and opinions.

You'll find lots of good advice here, and Seattle seems to have a great dive community. Welcome.

Cheers,

-Doug

Hey if you are looking for more diving opportunity than you find here on Scuba Board you can always join my Yahoo groups list and dive like crazy. You can check it out at Yahoogroups.com, Search for PNW-Scuba or simply join the list by sending an email to PNW-Scuba-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and follow the directions sent back to you.

I hope to see you in the emeral sea

If you don't want to buy, there are lots of opportunities to rent, but if you do want to buy, there are lots of people with various sorts of gear you can borrow and try out. If there's anything I've learned in the last year, it's that Seattle has an active and energetic diving community full of incredibly nice people!

Welcome to SB and, as you're a recent transplant, to Seattle. Seven and a half years? Cool. Becoming active in the diving community here will round you out.

Stay tuned to SB and maybe Northwest Dive Club and you'll have lots of opportunities to get wet.

Sea ya!

TSandM:
If you don't want to buy, there are lots of opportunities to rent, but if you do want to buy, there are lots of people with various sorts of gear you can borrow and try out. If there's anything I've learned in the last year, it's that Seattle has an active and energetic diving community full of incredibly nice people!

Yep. I have yet to meet any real- life jerks diving around here. I'm sure they're out there, but I've been impressed by the helpfull and friendly divers I've met so far.

welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the site and diving the great northwest. If you have any questions feel free to ask
edward

Another local diver offering a friendly hello. You will find many of us dive often ~ weekly if not more.
You have questions just ask. Someone is going to have the answer.

JDelage:
Hi all,

Just joined the board. Been living in Seattle for the last 7 1/2 years, and I just got certified last year in Cozumel. I thought I'd drop buy and introduce myself.

I'll probably try to schedule a few dives in the Sound at some point. I need to gather information. One of my limitations is that I live in a small place and I don't own any gear.

I was you, just shy of 2 years ago. Well, sort of. I was new to Seattle but not new to diving. The diving here is awesome, and I have um, a little spare gear (!!) inlcuding my alternate drysuit, if you happen to be a ladies XS.

welcome to diving :)

stardiver:
I was you, just shy of 2 years ago. Well, sort of. I was new to Seattle but not new to diving.
I'm not completely new. I was certified under the French system maybe 20 yrs ago and did a bit of diving at that time, but that was a long time ago, and I had left my cert' lapse.

I have um, a little spare gear (!!) inlcuding my alternate drysuit, if you happen to be a ladies XS.
Not even close, but thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom