Newbie in Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubalvr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Brand new to diving and to the Scuba Board. Can't wait to meet new people and have tons of fun. :D

Welcome to the board. What part of Oklahoma are you in? I live in Owasso, north of Tulsa.

Cool, my wife got certified a few years back at Dive Site also.

If you guys are pondering new fins they have the TUSA ZOOM split fins on closeout in red/white and silver. Reg. $185 now $85 I just picked up a pair of the Black/silver. :cool2:

If you guys are pondering new fins they have the TUSA ZOOM split fins on closeout in red/white and silver. Reg. $185 now $85 I just picked up a pair of the Black/silver. :cool2:

You would have to pry my SubaPro Jets out of my hands first...:D Those will be the fins that I will dive with for the rest of my diving life!:D

Right up the road in Oologah

Welcome to the board. You've found a lot of Okie divers, here on the board, but when the water warms up you'll find out you are not alone, when you visit our Lakes. Check the map you may be a few miles closer to Beaver lake in Arkansas, or Tenkiller lake near the Arkansas border, you'll find Arkansas and Oklahoma divers almost in equal numbers at either lake. Beaver lake is best seen by boat, and Tenkiller by boat or by car. Tenkiller has an underwater park you can park next to.

There will be new postings about Oklahoma and Arkansas diving when the waters warm up, but if you will use the search function, you can read posts from divers in both states from last summer. Click on the "Forums" button and scroll down the list to "Regional diving and resorts". Click on "Central United States". . ."Midwest Muck Divers.

On any lake there will be divers reporting zero visibility and excellent visibility at the same time. . . a hint, swimming behind a group of new divers is always Zero. :D

Anyone have a 12' deep heated pool? I'd rather not pay Poseidon Adventures $20 an hour to test my new gear and get trimmed out. :D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom