Newbie in K.C.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lamar Jr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

New dive student here in the Kansas City area. Currently taking SSI Open Water course, and planning to do check out dives with my LDS in August. Want to send a warm hello to all the divers here.

Been reading this board for several weeks now, and it's a great resource. So much experience and knowledge from so many dedicated members, all in one place. You have already helped with making course and equipment decisions. Now I need to start reading the Travel threads!

Keep on posting, and diving!
Rick

Hi, and welcome and all that other good stuff...

Jessica

I am originally from Illinois. When do u start your class? We will be looking forward to hearing how it all goes.

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA
Have fun here and Dive Safe.........................Arduous

Thanks all for the greetings. art.chick: I'm originally from Iowa. Go Hawkeye's! Started class two weeks ago. It's one of those that meets a couple of nights per week for three weeks.

Everything is going well so far, except I'm still uncomfortable with mask clearing. I'll keep practicing and hopefully this will improve before the next pool session. I am fortunate to have a very patient and thorough instructor with many years of experience. I'm sure I can't possibly be his first student to have problems with this.

I also want to try a purge mask, to see if this makes it any easier to remove that last annoying ounce of water in the mask.

Rick

Greetings and welcome. gGood luck on your course. jfo56

have fun in class and on the boards. The purge mask is nice, I have used one all but a few months of my diving life. Good luck,

Rich :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom